Sunday, April 24, 2011

This life came so close to never happening

I'll resign on friday, afternoon. We'll have one last whisky, remembering the good, old times. Take our time with it, taste the barley, let it linger. And then I'll go. I'll drive. Keep driving, 2,000 km, 3,000 and more. Head out to the middle of nowhere, take that road as far as it takes me. This is a beautiful country, it's beautiful out there, like a different world. Every man, woman, and child alive should see it one time before they die. Nothing at all for miles around. Nothing but blue sky. Not a soul in sight. No sirens. No car alarms. You find the silence out there, you find the peace. I'll get a job somewhere, a job that pays cash, a boss who doesn't ask questions, and I will make a new life and never come back. I'm going to work hard, and keep my head down and my mouth shut. I'm going to make myself a new home out there. I'll miss my friends, but I'm strong. I will forget my old life, I will not come back, won't call, won't write. I will never look back. I will make a new life for myself and I will live it, live it the way it should have been.

"If the world's at large why should I remain?


I know that starting over is not what life's about.
But my thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth."

1 comment:

  1. I will forget my old life, I will not come back, won't call, won't write. I will never look back. I will make a new life for myself and I will live it, live it the way it should have been.

    ReplyDelete